This is the most important module of the eSchool ERP. This is like the control panel of all the other modules present in the ERP. From this you can configure various segments and modules. This segment is mainly used by the Admin only. Here various changes can be made like full fee structure can be defined from here, the bus information, classes information, courses information etc can be defined using master setup.
Highlights of this module’s features can be found here.
[tab title=”Tutorial” active=”active”]
There are many segments in this module which we will discuss briefly.
- Fee Slab :- The whole fees module which we discussed earlier in the Fees Module section is completely based on the structure which we create from the fee slab section in Master Setup. This segment is very important and also very crucial as the data or the structure defined in this segment reflects as it is in the Fee Payment page. Here the user can define or create Fee Business Head, Fee Head, Fee Slab, Fee Slab Charges, Fee Schedule and Fee Define Rule. These all are very much important data as the whole fee management system is dependant on this.
- When you will open the Fee Slab page you will see different tabs of all the functions related to fees.
- First tab is of Fee Business Head. In this tab the business head is created as what is the main head under which the fees is being taken.
- Enter the name of the fees business head for ex, school is taking fees only for educational purpose so you can create head by the name Education. But if the school is having various other things like Mess or Hostel so they can create different business head by the name of Education, Hostel and Mess. Click on Add.
- If you want to edit any of the pre made business head, then click on Edit button in front of its name, make the changes you want to then click on Update.
- If you can also delete the fee business head if you want to by clicking on delete.
*NOTE – If the fees is taken or accepted under that fees business head then it cannot be deleted.
- After creating the fee business head, the next is Fee Head.
- This is the second step after the business head or we can say the heads we create here are the sub parts or the content of the Fees Business Head.
- In the Fee Head section you can enter the the various heads under which you have to take the fees.
- The business head you have created earlier will be visible in this section.
- Select the business head from the drop down menu and click on GO.
- Enter the different fee heads which you want to put under that Fees business head. For ex Tuition Fees, Admission Fees, Registration Fees, etc.
- Enter the name, give the description of that head, give the order of the fee head in which you want it to appear and check if its optional or compulsory.
- Select the group of that fee head from the drop down menu.
- It is the fee business head which you have created earlier in the drop down menu, then click on ADD.
- You can also edit/delete by using the relevant buttons.
- After creating the fee head next comes is the Fee Slab.
- Fee Slab is basically the group in which the school divides the classes as the fees structure and charges of that group are same.
- Fee slab is like Nursery-KG I-KG II are merged in a group named pre primary classes so the fee structure and charges will be the same in all the 3 classes. Same can be done for higher classes or other classes, simply customizable according to the school.
- Just enter the Fee Slab name, give proper description, give the slab order and click on ADD.
- You can edit/delete particular slab by using the relevant button.
- These fee slab are very important as they are reflected in the various sections and segments of the ERP.
- After creating the Fee Slabs the next and most important thing is defining their charges.
- Charges should be defined compulsorily as they will be reflected in the fee payment page and defaulters list.
- When you will open fee slab charges page you will see different options and a box.
- The above options will be of fee business head(the ones you created earlier), board type(ie cbse or cbse-i) and year of term(by default the login year).
- Select the fees business head for which you have to enter the charges.
- After selecting you will see that in the box below, the fee head made earlier under that particular business head will come as column and the fee slab which you have created will come as row. With empty boxes in front of them where we have to fill the charges.
- Enter the annual charges ie the total amount of fees which school collect for that particular head for a student.
- Enter all the charges for all the head and slabs and click on Submit.
- Repeat this process for other fees business head by entering the relevant charges.
- After entering the charges for all the slabs now comes the part where we have to define the schedule because without schedule no fees will be shown for the students.
- Fee schedule is important because from here the installments will be defined for the whole year of all the slabs.
- When you will open the fee schedule page you will see the fee heads in the column and months in the row section.
- Select the fee business head for which you have to give the schedule.
- When you will select it, its respective fee heads will appear.
- Select the fee slab for which you have to give the schedule.
- Enter the date for the schedule, for ex if you want to take admission fees annually and in the starting of the session then enter the date in front of april month 01-04-2016, and either enter the same date in all the rest of the month or leave all the months under that column blank, so by doing this admission fees will be charged only once in a year.
- If you want to take other fees head quarterly, monthly or half yearly by giving the relevant months and following the above procedures.
- If you want to make same schedule for all the remaining slabs then there is a checkbox button below which says “Apply to all Slabs” click on it. So that it will get copied to all the other slabs.
- After entering all the relevant information click on Submit.
- After giving the schedule the fees structure is almost complete. Only one thing will remain ie fee fine rule.
- In fee fine rule the school can define the late fee or penalty fee fine rule in the system.
- Select the class from the drop down menu, enter the day of month after which you have to apply fee fine, specify the amount, give remarks if any and click on ADD.
- You can also delete or edit any specific row if you want by clicking the relevant button.
- Courses :- In simple language, in this segment you simply provide system the knowledge of what all courses we are providing in the school. Or we can say how many classes are in the school. You will have to mention all the classes starting from the play school till higher most class of your school.
- Just enter the class in roman name.
- Give proper description for that class.
- Select the fee slab from the drop down menu. (the fee slab which we made earlier in the fee slab section will be shown here).
- Enter the intake in the class. For ex how many student you want in that class like max 40 so enter 40.
- Provide the number of section you want to give for that class like 1,2 or 3 etc.
- Provide the class order. Click on ADD.
- There is a button of repayment, in that you can select the re payable fee head for a particular class like Admission, Re admission, or registration.
- If you want to edit/delete any entry then you can do the same by clicking the relevant button.
- Class group :- in this segment class group will be declared like: nur to kg2 , 1 to 5 etc and secondary class group order is declared it a simple serial number(this is as per rule of school).
- Bus :- Buses in the school are nowadays becoming the most useful necessities that helps in transporting the students from home to school and vice versa. eSchool ERP is very flexible in handling the major issues faced while managing bus routes, their trips and their charges. It is one of the most crucial and time consuming task that school has to go through. But the Bus segment allows user to easily update all the routes with their stops and also with their charges. It has 3 different sections – Bus Route, Bus Trip Config and Bus Stop with Schedule.
- When you will open the page you will see the bus route page ie the first section of the bus segment.
- You will the list of the bus routes configured in the system.
- Enter the Bus Route Name, then enter the Alphabet which you use for a particular route.
- Enter the yearly amount for that particular route and click on add.
- If you want to edit/delete any entry then you can do the same by clicking on relevant button.
- If the route charges are increased lets say ₹1000 flat is increased for all the routes then you can enter ₹1000 in the Yearly Amount box above and click on insert. Then that amount will be added in all the routes.
- After entering all the routes for all the buses, the next section which comes is Bus Trip Config.
- Here you can setup the trip details of the buses in your school.
- Enter the bus trip name, then select bus trip type from the drop down menu ie arrival or departure.
- Then enter the bus trip time and trip order , then click on Add.
- If you want to edit/delete particular entry then you can do the same by clicking the relevant button.
- After entering the bus trip time, the next section is Bus Stop with Schedule.
- The Bus Routes you have configured in the previous section will get displayed in the top.
- Select the route for which you have to configure the stops and click on Go.
- Enter the stop name, stop order, route name, and the bus trip time.
- Enter all the stops which comes under that route and click on Submit.
- If you want to add more stops so you can add a new row by clicking on Add Row button in the bottom.
- You can also delete any entry by clicking the Delete button.
- Repeat the same process for all the other routes.
- The bus routes and stops which you will define here will be displayed in Scholar section in the bus field.
- Open Session :- In this segment the admin can define how many sessions (year of term) will be open for non admin users. Just by entering the years separated by commas like 2013,2014,2015 etc. So the year which is mentioned here can be accessed by non admin users. If the box is empty then all the sessions will be open for non admin users.
- Next Class :- When a student passes one class and goes to another, the system should be notified that what is the next class he will go into. This segment helps user to define the class which will come next. For ex after nursery which class will come ie LKG or KG I.
- You will see a box with the name of the classes written in the side in ascending order.
- After that there is a drop down list which also contains the name of the class in ascending order.
- Select the class which you want to make the next one for that class.
- After that there is a column named Students who applied for tc is written.
- In this column enter the scholar no of those students who took TC in the middle of the session separated by commas.
- There also ‘Remark’ and ‘Note’ columns which can be filled relevantly.
- After doing all the relevant entries click on ‘Update’.
- Document Category :- In this segment the document category can be added and managed by just mentioning the documents under the specific Person be it some scholar, driver or bus.
- Select the category from the drop down lets say we select BUS. Then the documents associated with it will be registration papers, PUC, Permit etc.
- If we select Driver then documents will be Driving Licence, Police Verification etc.
- If we select Scholar then the documents will be SLC, Birth Certificate etc.
- Maintenance :- Each school comprises of a lot of things which is required for the smooth functioning of the school management for ex computer for labs, bus expenses and maintenance, various stationary items etc. In eSchool ERP we have a separate module for Stock but in this particular segment the maintenance records can be kept.
- When you will open this segment, you can see a box where you can make the entries.
- Give the name like Battery, Brakes, Accelerator Wire etc.
- Give Frequency for days like how much is its days validity.
- Give Frequency for km, for how much km it will run.
- Give comments if you want to. Then click on Add.
- You can edit/delete any entry if you want to by clicking the relevant button.
- Student Additional Info :- If there are any additional details other than those provided in the Add/Edit Scholar page, then you can do the same from this segment. This segment allows you to make a new box of whatever information you have to acquire. This addition will be displayed in the Add Scholar and Edit Scholar.
- Enter the name in the Additional Parameter Name box.
- Give the parameter type like whether it is Textbox or Check Box etc.
- Specify by checking the box if it is compulsory or not.
- Give Default Value if you want to. Then click on Submit.
- You can also edit or delete by clicking on the relevant button.
*NOTE :- The fields which contains ‘*’ are compulsory.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- MASTER SLAB:-
Que:- In Fee module In Fee payment Segment we got lots of Fee Submission Slab Where are they mention?
How we create our own business head for fee and our fields(Head) for fee?
Ans:- This is Fee related issue but it is solved by Master slab module,
Go Master slab—–>fee slab—>Add your business head—> Fee head —–> select your business head and click on go button—->
—->Add Fee head here by follow this step—-> add fee head name—-> description —–>Fee head order no—–> fee head option it is option or not—–> in group name select your free business head—- and click on add button your free head will be created.
define your fee slab (class) according to your school for this continue from fee head creation after that click on fee slab —–> add fee slab name according to your school fee structure —- > Fee slab description —–> order no.—-> Click on add button. your fee slab is created.
Define click on fee slab charges—-> select your fee business head—> put Amount as per your school fee structure—-> click on submit button.
Define select fee schedule and then select your free business head—-> and put dates —-> according to your school fee structure and click on submit button.
Que:- If in our school fee slab is not class wise they are group wise then how to create fee slab?
Ans:- Go Master Slab and then courses here fill the field according to your school fee Structure.
[tab title=”Report Samples”]