Each school has a variety of tasks, events, activities and functions. This is a unique thing of every school that almost in every week there is some or other event activity which is also class specific. Like on saturdays usually in every school the last periods are activity periods and teachers and students are assigned various task related to arts, craft, education etc. This is a very crucial task to manage all this events as the teachers have to announce all the events in the class and students are told to note it down in their diaries and inform their parents about the events taking place in the school.
Highlights of this module’s features can be found here.
[tab title=”Tutorial” active=”active”]
Also the schools have pre made whole year calendar which contains the list of all the Government Holidays, School Holidays, School Functions etc. which they provide to students or teacher. But in eSchool ERP we have a separate module to manage all these activities named Calendar. This modules help you in creating various categories and then assigning those categories to events happening in school and also display them directly to parents who are using your school app. There are two segments in this module namely – Calendar Event and Calendar Categories.
- Calendar Category :- This is the first step before creating any event. In this segment categories can be made under which the events are going to take place or in layman’s term this the type of event which is taking place in the school.
- You will see a box in which various fields are to be filled.
- Enter the Category name. For ex it can be Holiday, Government Holiday, Festival, Activity, Exam, Assembly Topic etc.
- Make the categories according to the events which are taking place in your school.
- Then select the Category Color from the drop down menu. This is the color in which the event created under that particular category will be displayed.
- For ex if you select Red color for Holiday category then whenever you will mark holidays for particular date it will be displayed in Red Color box in the calendar. Same goes with different categories and different colors.
- You can also Edit/Delete particular entry by clicking on that relevant button.
- Calendar Event :- After creating all the categories then comes the next and important part ie Calendar Event. In this segment you can create a new event as well as Manage all the previous events. You can also search various events either by category or by date range. There are various options in the calendar event segment like create new event or search event or you can even copy all the events to the next session.
- When you will open the page you will see Manage Events. In this you will see various fields like start date, end date etc.
- Give the Start date and end date of that event or holiday or exam whatever it is.
- Select the Categories from the drop down menu, under which that event comes. The Categories you have made earlier in the Calendar Category segment will be displayed here.
- Select the class for that event. For ex if you are creating a Holiday, and if it is for whole school then select ALL CLASSES. But if it is only for some classes and not for rest then select accordingly.
- After that enter the Event Name. For ex Diwali Holiday, CCE Exam, Craft Activity etc.
- After giving the name provide a brief introduction for that event.
- If you want to associate greetings with that event, like on the starting of that event notification will be sent to all the people associated with it, then you can do it by clicking on Associate Greetings with it button. Enter the description and click on Submit.
- You can also search any Events by entering you specific search term and clicking on Get Events.
- You can copy all the events of a particular category from one year of term to another. Select the category, then select the year of term from which you have to copy and click on Copy.
- If you want to take out the whole calendar in PDf format, then click on the Export Calendar Pdf button.
- When you will submit or create any event, it will be displayed in the Calendar below. It is the calendar view of the whole month with all the events displayed in their respective dates with their respective category color.
- You can change the calendar view to week or day from month.
- Click on the event to see its full description. A pop will be displayed with full details of that event.
- In the top left corner you will see a link name Edit.
- By clicking this you can edit or change the details of that event and also you can delete that event.