In today’s time, almost each and every school is having a vast library. And it is also mandatory for each school to keep the latest and updated collections of book in their libraries. This helps in increasing the knowledge of the students and also enhance their productivity. In eSchool ERP the Library module’s functioning will help the schools in maintaining a flawless record of all the books present in the school and also their specific details like publisher name, vendor name, author name etc. Enter all the details and allow the system to function on itself. It will provide you the whole accession register with details of available and issued books. Also the most important benefit is that the parents can view the list of available books from the school’s mobile app.
Highlights of this module’s features can be found here.
[tab title=”Tutorial” active=”active”]
The Library modules contains various segments namely – Accession Register, Issue Register, Add Accession, Supplements and Defaulters List. We will discuss every segment briefly below.
- Add Accession :- In eSchool ERP’s Library module, doing entry of new book is a much simpler task compared to while doing in a register or paper. When you will open this segment you will see a Form with various fields related to the Books documentation.
- First there will be a form naming Book Information. In that fill up all the fields with the specific information related to that Book like Author name, Title, Publisher, Category etc.
- Then the next form is Multimedia Information. Some books comes with educational CDs or DVDs which contains learning materials as well educational presentations and videos. So information regarding all those CDs and DVDs should be entered in this box Supplement Name, Type etc.
- After that there is Purchase Information form, in which fields like Purchase Date, Source, Cost, Bill No. etc should be filled with the relevant details.
- And at last there is Withdrawal Information form in which withdrawal no and withdrawal date are to be filled with a remark if any.
- After doing all the Entries and filling up all the forms Click on Add button below.
- You can also go to Accession Register page by Clicking on Back to Accession Register button.
- Accession Register :- After doing all the entries of all the books, you can keep a check over list of all the books available or Issued by using this segment.
- After opening, you will see various filters for searching the books.
- Enter any one filter like search by author name or publisher or Status and click on GO.
- The list of all the books will be displayed below.
- You will get the whole list of books and all the relevant details related to that.
- Issue Register :- This segment gives you overall details of all the Issued books. There are various filters given by which you can search the Issued books.
- After opening, you will see various fields such as Accs Id, Issuer Type, Issuer, Title, Date etc.
- Fill up the relevant details and click on GO.
- The whole list of the Issued books for that specific filter by which you have searched.
- You can also download that particular list in Excel, Pdf or Word format by clicking the Save Button in the top.
- Supplements :- This segment allows you to search all the supplements entered in our system.
- There are only 3 fields namely – Supplements Name, Supplements Type and Title.
- Enter any one of them, according to your search needs and click on GO.
- List of supplements matching your search query will be displayed below.
- Defaulters List :- Just like we have seen in the Fees Module the list of those students whose fees is due even after crossing the expected date are considered as Defaulters and are shown in Defaulters List. Just like that in Library, when a student or staff is issued a book, the expected return date for that book is by default 14 days after the date of issue. It can be changed by the issuer as per his choice under exceptions. But if any student/staff exceeds the Expected Return Date for book and do not return the book then he/she comes under the category of Defaulters. In this segment you can search the list of all the issuers whether they are students or staff members who have not returned there book even after Expected date.
- There are some fields by which you can filter your search in the Defaulters List page.
- There are Borrower Type, Issuer, Issue Date, Title etc. Fill up this field and click on GO.
- You will see the list of defaulters related to your search query.
[tab title=”Report Samples”]
[tab title=”Video Tutorial”]